Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Active 8s

The authorization for my medical arrived Friday, but I couldn't see the AME [Flight Surgeon, for those overseas] until Tuesday. Success!

I could see thunderstorms moving in as I drove from his office directly to the airport. The radar showed that the cells might pass to the west. Nope, that was wishful thinking. As I took the highway exit I drove right into the gust front with it gusty winds and blowing dust that made me fear for my car's paint. Nope, not tonight.

But I went out this morning and did steep turns, lazy 8s, and a few landings. All by myself.

The turns were easy for a glider pilot, and the Lazy 8s got better as I went along. What do you do to knock the rust off?

5 Comments:

At June 30, 2010 at 3:12 PM , Blogger Frank Van Haste said...

Jim:

That is SO good to hear. I'm really pleased for you.

As to rust? Steep turns, stalls and slow flight and a little pattern work will do it for me.

Regards, and welcome back to the sky,

Frank

 
At June 30, 2010 at 3:57 PM , Blogger Dave Starr said...

Very pleased to hear the news too ... hope you'll have a great, often airborne summer.

 
At June 30, 2010 at 5:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Jim,

Congratulations!

As for knocking off the rust, go flying, do stuff like you did, rinse and repeat - Always repeat!

 
At June 30, 2010 at 6:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats! The hoopin and hollerin along with the grinnin is part of knocking the rust off too.

 
At July 2, 2010 at 1:00 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Great news! You knew it was coming, you expected it, but opening the letter from CAMI/OKC is always an exciting experience.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home