Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Grounded

I haven't heard anything but "in line for review" from the FAA medical folks, but that doesn't end all aviation activity.

Saturday I helped the nice people from EAA chapter 1114 (Apex, NC) with a Young Eagles rally at Siler City, NC. The kids got 59 rides. I was ground crew, of course, but I couldn't help but wish that Claude B. needed a break flying the beautiful Ercoupe his grandfather bought new. Man, does he have stamina!

When I say 'grounded' I mean it in the colloquial sense of "at peace with the world and making a positive contribution."

The thing is, even without word from the FAA, I still have Sport Pilot privileges. My medical expired, it was not revoked; nor was there cause to revoke it. So I could have done it!

And tomorrow I will. My friend Richard owes me some time in his 'Coupe. Being a Sport Pilot really is a privilege.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home