Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Astronaut Applications

NASA is looking for a new astronaut class (they'll ride to the ISS in a Soyuz). More information is available here.

I applied in 1990 or so, but never heard back. I'm more qualified now, but I doubt that I could pass the "long duration space flight physical" after a bypass, two stents, and the development of rheumatoid arthritis.

OTOH, I have a second class medical certificate, and NASA uses an FAA medical as a pre-screen. For many years after the bypass I had a first class medical, and went on to become about the only part-time post-bypass Math Professor King Air captain in history; I'm familiar with ignoring "impossible."

So somebody please talk me out of applying again.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At November 17, 2011 at 7:04 AM , Blogger Daddy Hawk said...

Go for it. They launched John Glenn when he was past his prime. Why not take the shot at it. All they can do is say no.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home