Wednesday, October 9, 2013

What? No Government?

For the record: I sent my medical recertification data to the FAA the first week of August.  It was my usual obsessive-compulsive-A-student package with 27 glossy 8 by 10 photos with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back describing each.

My medical expired at the end of August.  Right now I am in the middle of an extended checkout of a new Mooney owner who is legal to be PIC so I don't need a medical.  (And, it's fun.)  But I will soon!

I have not even taken the disheartening step of calling the FAA to see if they are working on my medical.  I just assume the answer is no.  And I'm afraid that when the Washington Baboons get their act together and work resumes the FAA will decide to determine the length of the validity of my authorization based on when they got around to looking at the results, not on when I sent them.

The FBO at the glider port has a Cessna 162 for rent and it's starting to look pretty attractive...

1 Comments:

At October 13, 2013 at 9:52 PM , Blogger Nissa said...

I just sent my paperwork in two weeks ago. I have proof someone there receiving mail in the form of a signed returned receipt... hope for all our sakes they get their stuff together soon.

I've been reading and enjoying your blog for a long time now. Looking forward to more... PS. Loved the Alice's Restaurant reference :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home